WIN a NEWBORN Mini Sleep Consultation
Pam’s 12 Days of Christmas – Day 10
Sleep 10 hours through the night by 10 weeks?
Is that realistic for a newborn? Is it possible? Won’t it damage breastfeeding? Will my baby gain weight? Train a newborn? Aren’t they too young to cry? I also do not want to be at home for every nap; I want to be able to go with the flow and get out and about. Don’t babies just sleep when they need to?
These are the common questions and concerns that I’ve been asked over the past 8 years of consulting. Parents are naturally worried about doing anything to harm the relationship and trust they have with their newborn baby. We want and need to be able to respond to our baby’s needs.
Teaching your child to sleep IS responding to their BASIC NEED of sleep.
For the first couple of weeks, newborns basically eat, sleep, pee and poop. Your baby will often fall asleep easily after feeding and then sleep for two to three hours at a time. Then, things start to change. Your baby will stay awake for longer periods and need assistance in order to sleep.
Isn’t sleep a biological imperative?
If you do not EAT, you die. If you do not SLEEP, you die. They are both life skills – the most important one to focus on with your newborn is eating. Once that is established, you can turn your focus to sleep. To learn more about baby sleep, see FAQ.
When you work with us at Pam Nease Sleep, we will teach you my ULTRA GENTLE newborn approach:
- NO CRYING: we are instilling habits, not changing them
- Feed on demand: you will still be responding to your baby’s feeding cues
- Healthy breastfeeding: Better sleep for baby and mom can help create better eating habits and improve breastfeeding outcomes
- Reduced risk of the baby blues: sleep deprivation is one of the leading contributing factors of post-partum depression and anxiety. Wanting sleep is NOT selfish. It helps you be a better parent.
- CUDDLE NAPS! There is nothing better than holding your sleeping baby, and we never want to deny a parent, or a grandparent, that joy. We will show you how to get those in while also establishing healthy habits in the bassinet or crib
- GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! We love showing families how you can honour your child’s sleep and honour your own needs at the same time
- Beautiful long stretches of sleep by night that increase as your baby grows!
- HAPPIER BABIES! Seriously. This is the BEST part. The difference between my own two children was life changing. My daughter learned to sleep as a newborn and it was one of the many reasons I decided to dedicate my full time career to helping other parents teach their children this beautiful and vital life skill – sleep.
Inspired by one of our recent clients…
I am delighted to be giving away a NEWBORN SLEEP Consultation this year!
Mom, Dad and big sister have loved their experience teaching baby brother over these past 9 weeks. I have met Tasha for walks, she is going to the climbing gym on a regular basis, we napped him at the local baby store in a display crib while we shopped and talked, and he is already sleeping 9 to 10 hours on a regular basis. As a result of this healthy sleep, everyone is feeling well rested – especially baby O. He rarely cries and is so content – able to soak in all the wonderful new experiences life has to offer him. In this video, Tasha talks a bit about her newborn sleep routine with baby O…
To enter, tell us you need to win this Newborn SLEEP Mini Consultation? Yes, you can enter if you are still pregnant, or if you want to give this to a friend! This would be the BEST baby shower gift!
If you are just joining us now on Day 11, you can go back to enter:
Need Sleep? Let’s chat personally.
We offer a 15 minute complimentary telephone consultation so you can see if we are a good fit for your family. Call me at 250.575.6988 or CLICK HERE to set up an appointment, we look forward to hearing from you!
Let’s get you sleeping as soon as possible so that you and your little one(s) can enjoy your days!